Braintree Conservation Commission: Minutes of 27 April 2016
Attending: Linda Morse, Megan O’Toole, Sandy Stevens, Paul Shriver
Convened at 7:10 pm.
Last month’s minutes were approved unanimously.
CC’s budget is flexible. We haven’t spent any funds yet & still have $850 until 30 June. We are likely to be given the same amount for the next fiscal year.
Potential events / activities
- Tracking workshop – Will require funds.
- Education about invasive species
- Emerald ash borer
- Development of a general town tree policy – Would we need to pay VLCT for advice?
Work with other committees?
- With Planning Commission regarding renewable energy siting.
- Inventory of trees: particularly ash
- Send a draft of the policy to Lorne Bent once its developed.
- Linda had begun a draft based on what other towns had done. She’ll circulate the draft.
- Deer yard mapping?
Adjourned at 8:00 pm.
Next meeting 25 May at 7 pm at the Braintree Town Offices
/s/ Joan Richmond-Hall