Town of Braintree
Draft Auditors Meeting Minutes
November 9, 2015
Attendees: Tom Cooch, Stephanie Barrett, Lin Brown
Ms. Barrett was welcomed as our newest member, replacing Ms. Baumann.
Mr. Cooch called the meeting to order at 9:25 a.m.
No changes were made to the agenda.
The minutes of the July 20, 2015 meeting were reviewed and approved.
Discussion of remaining tasks for FY2015
The Town auditors have yet to review the Professional auditors (Sullivan and Powers) report for FY 2015. It is now completed, and we need to do a final check to insure that we are in agreement.
Assignment of audit tasks for FY2016
Mr. Cooch: General Fund, Grand List, and Reserve Funds
Ms. Bartlett: Accounts Payable, Cash
Mr. Brown: Payroll, Accounts Receivable
Assignments for preparing drafts of Audit Procedure Manuals
- The Accounts Payable manual is complete
- Cooch: General Fund, Reserve Funds, and Grand List.
- A draft for the General Fund procedure is near completion, and will be finished first.
- Drafts for the Reserve Funds and Grand List procedures will follow.
- Brown: Payroll, Accounts Receivable.
- A draft of the Payroll procedure is near completion and will be finished by the end of this calendar year. A discussion of the level of audit detail regarding checking the internal computations and transfers in the NEMRC software was helpful in defining the scope of our payroll audit procedure.
- A draft of the Accounts Receivable procedures will follow.
- Barrett: Cash.
- A draft of the Cash audit procedure will be prepared in consultation with the Town Treasurer. The goal is to have this manual completed by the end of the calendar year.
There was none.
Meeting was adjourned at 10:00 a.m.
Linfield C. Brown