Braintree Selectboard Meeting
October 18, 2016
Richard Bowen, Selectboard Member Stuart Kinney, Resident
Timothy Caulfield, Selectboard Chair Philip Farnsworth, Resident
Megan O’Toole, Selectboard Member Jessica Arms, Resident
Keegan Haupt, Selectboard Member Richard Arms, Resident
Loren Bent, Selectboard Member Michael Porzio, Resident
Janice Thresher, Resident
Robert Cruickshank, LNAC
Niklass Sargent, LNAC
Holly Jarvis, Admin. Assistant
Jeff Masterson, Road Commissioner
Jessie Brassard, Treasurer, Clerk,Delinquent Tax Collector
Mr. Caulfield called the meeting to order 6:00 pm.
The board reviewed the agenda, an update regarding the access on Mud Pond Road and an update about Stagecoach Road were added under old business.
- Lost Nation ATV club
- The board discussed the draft ordinance. There are a few changes which were proposed. It will be reviewed again at the next Selectboard Meeting on Nov. 1st. The two week delay will allow any citizens that couldn’t make it to the information meeting time to bring any concerns to the Selectboard. There were a number of questions about how elements of the proposal would work. One main concern was regarding Thresher Road. Currently it is being proposed to be open the road to ATV as an access point to the trail system only for use by the landowners in Braintree, who are current members of the club, who own property near that road.
On motion of Mr. Caulfield, seconded by Mr. Bowen, the board unanimously approved the minutes of October 4, 2016, as written.
- Mr. Farnsworth advised that 20 years ago, when the Highway Department installed the turn around on Grantsworth Road, a USGS Benchmarker was covered up. The property has recently been surveyed. Mr. Farnsworth believes they have found the location of the marker, although it is currently covered with about 6 feet of dirt. The board agreed to review the survey, and see what can be done about the marker.
- Mr. Kinney disagreed with the Selectboard decision, at the last meeting, to sole source the temporary bridge contract to Hook Construction. The reasons for the decision and the background were explained.
- Treasurer Report
- Financials- reviewed.
- Ms. Brassard, as the Delinquent Tax Collector, advised that next week the attorney handling the tax sales will be starting the necessary research regarding the three properties that will be going up for sale.
- Highway Report
- The Dry Hydrant at Hall’s pond has been fixed. The fire department will test it is soon.
- Thayer Brook Road and Braintree Hill Road projects (from Rose Road to Rolling Rock) have been completed for this year. There is more to be done next year on both projects.
- Irene Update, no new information
- 2017-18 Budgeting is started. Mr. Caulfield and Mr. Bowen met last week to make the first entries in the budget. They hope to have a first draft for review at the November 1st meeting..
- Access on Mud Pond Road was briefly discussed. It will be discussed again after the property transfers occur and Mr. John Bent submits an access permit for the new access that was installed.
- The court hearing for the Stagecoach Road has been moved up to this Friday, Oct. 21.
- The Phone System bids were opened and reviewed. They were tabled so that a more comprehensive comparison of the bids could be done.
- The IT bids were opened and reviewed. They were tabled so that a more comprehensive comparison of the bids could be done.
- On motion of Mr. Caulfield, seconded by Mr. Bowen, the board approved and signed the Errors and Omissions Certificate from the Board of Listers. It was regarding a house that had burned last year.
On motion of Mr. Caulfield, seconded by Mr. Bent, the board unanimously approved the payment orders.
On motion of Mr. Bent, seconded by Mr. Caulfield, the board adjourned the meeting at 7:06 pm.