Braintree Selectboard Meeting
December 6, 2016 at 6:00 p.m.
Richard Bowen, Acting Chair John Rose, Resident Regarding ATV Ordinance
Loren Bent, Selectboard Member Chris Blanchard, Resident Regarding ATV Ordinance
Megan O’Toole, Selectboard Member Brian Jones, Resident
Keegan Haupt, Selectboard Member Richard Arms, Resident Regarding ATV Ordinance
Jessica Arms, Resident Regarding ATV Ordinance
Niklaas Sargent, ATV Club
Holly Jarvis, Admin. Assistant
Jeff Masterson, Road Commissioner
Jessie Brassard, Treasurer/Town Clerk
Mr. Bowen called the meeting to order at 6:00 PM.
The board reviewed the agenda adding Health Officer under new business.
- On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Haupt, the board unanimously approved the minutes of November 15, 2016 as corrected.
- Highway Report: the highway department is doing normal winter maintenance. Mr. Masterson advised he is looking into a fuel tracking system. Mr. Masterson is checking into the mowing options for next year. Mr. Bent advised that he talked to the salesman that Mr. Masterson is trying to reach. The price he was quoted was much closer to last year’s rate.
- Irene Update
- On motion of Mr. Haupt, seconded by Mr. Bent, the board unanimously approved the Irene Loan Paperwork. This is to renew the loan until the final payment comes in, which should be shortly.
A couple of concerns with the ATV Ordinance were discussed. The board preliminarily agreed on updated language. The revised ordinance will be reviewed and considered for approval at the next meeting. Conversations between Mr. Sargent and the board will occur over the winter to determine what the signs along the roads will be.
2017-18 Budgeting draft was discussed and reviewed. It will continue to be refined.
- The Meadow Lane turn around was discussed. The Board decided that the termination of Meadow Lane would be as shown on the survey.
- On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Haupt, the board unanimously approved the proposed Town Contributions [90% of Premiums; 2/3 of out-of-pocket max available in an HRA] with the Blue Cross’ Blue Rewards Gold Plan as the base plan.
- On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Haupt, the board unanimously approved appointing Mr. Masterson as the Clean Water Committee Representative for Braintree.
- The office fuel tank was discussed. Mr. Masterson will get more information together about our options.
- Vermont Rural Fire Protection Program: request for funds was discussed. On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Haupt, the board approved adding $100 to the budget line for dry hydrants. This is the program where towns’ get their grants from for constructing dry hydrants. They are asking all the Towns in Vermont to contribute.
- The term for the Health Officer expires the end of December. The current health officer does not want to be reappointed. Mr. Bowen suggested someone to ask. The board agreed that he should ask her if she is willing.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Haupt, the board unanimously approved the payment orders.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Haupt, the board unanimously adjourned the meeting at 8: 10 pm.