Braintree Conservation Commission – Minutes of Meeting of Feb. 22, 2017
Present: Linda Morse, Tom Cooch, Paul Shriver, Sandy Stephen
Absent: Joan Richmond-Hall
- Clarifying BCC minutes – Use agenda as outline for minutes; include sufficient detail to understand nature of discussion and actions by Commission; post to Town website as soon as possible and send to Commission members via email.
- Buckthorn along Braintree roads – Resolution on roadside buckthorn was accepted by the Selectboard at the Feb. meeting and signed by Tree Warden, Loren Bent. The Commission felt that the Town could purchase a weed puller for loan to residents.
- Tracking workshop –Paul reported on the animal tracking workshop led by tracking expert, Angela Gibbons, of Earthwalk. Although not well attended, Paul reported that there were many signs of wildlife tracks spotted. The Commission agreed that we would consider doing another one with better advertising and publicity of the workshop.
- Local Energy Planning – Linda reported on a meeting held by Two Rivers Ottaquechee Commission at the Randolph town offices on the State mandated energy planning process. The Plan will be prepared by TROC with input by the member towns. There is no funding available to towns. There was agreement that the town needs more information on the work that will be required. The Braintree Planning Commission will be the lead; the Conservation Commission needs to understand how we can contribute.
- Town Meeting – the BCC will have a display on invasive plant species supplied by the State. Tom will speak to the new buckthorn agreement at the meeting.
- Date was set for BCC’s mandatory organizational meeting after the Town meeting.
Next BCC Meeting – BCC Organizational Meeting will be on Wed. March 22, 7:00pm, at Braintree Town Clerks Office