Braintree Selectboard Meeting
May 7, 2013
David Atkinson, Selectboard Member Janice Thresher, Resident
Loren Bent, Selectboard Member Brian Jones, Resident
Tim Caulfield, Selectboard Chair Nancy Davoll,
Linda Doane, Selectboard Member Chair of the Emergency Response Committee
Paul Kendall, Selectboard Member Christine and Terry Damm, Residents
Walter Palmer, Resident Holly Jarvis, Administrative Assistant
Jeff Masterson, Highway Foreman
Mr. Caulfield called the meeting to order at 6:02 pm.
On motion of Mr. Kendall, seconded by Mr. Caulfield, the board unanimously approved the minutes of April 16, 2013.
On motion of Mr. Kendall, seconded by Mr. Atkinson, the board unanimously approved the minutes of April 30, 2013, as corrected.
· Ms. Davoll talked to the board about the Pre-Hazard Mitigation Plan. The Emergency Response Committee has been working with Sam and Emma from Two Rivers Ottauquechee Regional Commission to update the plan. Ms. Davoll had provided the board with some of the paper work. The main item discussed was whether the town wants to get involved in bank stabilization to protect private property. It was agreed that private property should be the owners responsibility and the town should not get involved unless the bank stabilization is necessary to protect the roads. It was also noted that a guardrail along route 12A to protect the town’s diesel fuel tank was in the old plan, but one has not been installed. The board asked Mr. Masterson to consider the guardrail when determining what budgetary requests to ask for in the next fiscal budget (FY15).
· Christine and Terry Damm of Bent Hill asked if the town could do something about their neighbors burning trash on Bent Hill Road. Mr. Bent will look into it as Assistant Fire Warden.
· The Damm’s also asked if the town was aware of the condition of the bridge by their house on Bent Hill Road. The town is aware of it. A hydraulic study has been requested and the town is planning to request a state grant to fix it.
· We have not heard about the FEMA Hazard Mitigation Grant Program – 2044 Thayer Brook Road Appeal.
· No action needed for the Town Hall repairs.
· Mr. Bent has called the town attorney about the deed modification for the Radio Repeater siting.
· Mr. Caulfield talked to the property owners of the Deyette House. They are planning to tear down the house. It will take time because they are doing it themselves.
· Mr. Masterson is not ready to provide suggested rates for the Rochester Hollow plowing yet. It was tabled.
· Mr. Kendall has reviewed the rental policy and procedures for the rental of the Town Hall. He had a couple of editorial changes. This item is complete.
· The board tabled the Conflict of Interest Statement for Trustee of Public Funds, the Financial Policy # 8 – Redux, and reporting of Public Funds.
· The board approved and signed the Delegation of Authority for FY14.
· The bids were opened and reviewed for engineering of the Upper Lemery Bridge.
· The board decided to divide the packets of payment orders so that every board member would review some but not all of the checks.
· On motion of Mr. Caulfield, seconded by Mr. Atkinson, the board approved AoT’s Annual Financial Plan.
The Executive session to discuss personnel reviews for Ms. Jarvis and Mr. Masterson was tabled.
On motion of Mr. Atkinson, seconded by Mr. Kendall, the board unanimously approved the payment orders.
On motion Ms. Doane, second Mr. Atkinson, the board unanimously adjourned the meeting. Adjournment was at 7:52pm
Holly Jarvis, Administrative Assistant
Selectboard Minutes Archive
***Close this window to return to
the main website page