TOWN OF BRAINTREE WARNING:
ANNUAL TOWN MEETING
TUESDAY, MARCH 7, 2017
The legal voters of the Town of Braintree, in the County of Orange, are hereby notified and warned to meet in the Braintree Town Hall in said Town on Tuesday, March 7, 2017 at 10:00 A.M. to transact the following business from the floor:
Article 1. To elect a moderator for the year ensuing.
Article 2. To hear the reports of the town officers for the past year.
Article 3. To elect the following town officers:
- A Selectperson for a three year term;
- Two Selectpersons, each for a two year term;
- A Selectperson for one year of a three year term;
- A Lister for a three year term;
- An Auditor for a three year term;
- A Delinquent Tax Collector for a one year term;
- A First Constable for a one year term;
- A Cemetery Commissioner for one year of a five year term;
- A Cemetery Commissioner for a five year term;
- Two Grand Jurors, each for a one year term;
- A Town Agent for a one year term;
- A Trustee of Public Funds for a one year term.
Article 4. Shall the voters authorize the purchase of a new loader for $165,000 with not more than $140,000 to be financed over a period not to exceed five years?
Article 5. Shall the voters authorize financing for capital plan expenses which would include town highway improvements in an amount not to exceed $70,000 to be financed over a period not to exceed five years?
Article 6. Shall the voters approve total fund expenditures of $1,186,248.00, of which $927,734 shall be raised by taxes and $258,514 by non-tax revenues?
Article 7. Shall the town collect its real property taxes in two installments, with the due dates being October 16, 2017 and March 15, 2018?
Article 8. Shall the voters authorize the relocation of the WWII monument from the junction of VT Route 12A and North Road to the town property at the Braintree Town Hall?
Article 9. To transact any other business not of a binding nature.
Dated at Braintree, County of Orange, and the State of Vermont this 26th day of January 2017.
/s/Timothy Caulfield /s/Keegan Haupt /s/Megan O’Toole /s/Richard Bowen /s/Loren Bent