Braintree Selectboard Meeting
October 8, 2019 at 6:00 pm
Megan O’Toole, Selectboard Chair Janice Thresher, Resident
Daniel Burson, Selectboard Member Jeff Masterson, Road Commissioner
Charlie McMeekin, Selectboard Member Jessie Brassard, Treasurer/DTC
Loren Bent, Selectboard Member Holly Jarvis, Admin. Assistant
Keegan Haupt, Selectboard Member
Ms. O’Toole called the meeting to order.
The Board reviewed the agenda adding a discussion about a mobile home park “mortgage”.
On motion of Mr. Bent, seconded by Mr. Burson, the Board unanimously approved the minutes of September 17, 2019.
Citizen’s comments: none.
- The Board reviewed Mr. Masterson’s Highway Report.
- Jessie Brassard
- The financial report was not yet provided. The reports will be provided following the audit, which is Nov. 6-7th.
- The credit card limit was discussed. The Board was ok with the limit increasing to $2,500.
- Tax sales were discussed. On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. McMeekin, the Board authorized the list of delinquent tax sales that Jessie provided, and approved the expenses and the terms of engagement for Jim Barrow for legal services to proceed with the tax sales. Mr. Bent abstained from the decision, the other four board members voted in favor of the motion.
- The Housing Foundation contacted Ms. Brassard and Ms. O’Toole a few days ago about discharging a mortgage between the Housing Foundation and the Town of Braintree from when the foundation originally bought Mobile Acres. It seems like it might be connected to a grant used in the purchase. They will be working with the Town’s Attorney regarding it, because what the Town’s role in this process should be is not clear.
- Dog Ordinance – the Board decided not to change the ordinance.
- The Board decided to wait and possibly add coverage for domestic partners to the Town’s Health Insurance next fiscal year, so that the added expense can be budgeted.
- Ms. O’Toole and Mr. Burson agreed to alternate participating on the new Fire Assessment Committee being organized by Randolph.
- Reimbursements to the Emergency Committee for hotel expense at a two day training, an hour away. On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded Mr. Burson, the Board voted unanimously to not reimburse for hotel expense but for mileage as if the emergency committee members has made two round trips.
- There was no new information regarding the tractor sale.
New business – none.
On motion of Mr. Burson, seconded by Ms. O’Toole, the Board unanimously approved the payment orders.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Bent, the Board unanimously went into executive session for personnel matters under 1 V.S.A. § 313(a)(1)(B).
No decision was made after coming out of executive session.
On motion of Mr. Bent, seconded by Mr. Burson, the Board adjourned the meeting at about 7:30 pm.