Braintree, VT Conservation Commission
Present: (by teleconference)
Gina Logan, Linda Morse, Paul Shriver, Sandy Stephen, Joan Richmond-Hall
- Public comment—none at this time
- Approval of March minutes—there was no March meeting, so no minutes to approve
- Information from Joan re: DEC/PFOAS and Randolph sewage treatment plant: deferred to May meeting
- Introductions: Gina (Regina) Logan, 60 Murphy Rd., Braintree (email@example.com; 802-728-9080) is a new member of the commission as of March 2020
- Review of goals/ discussion of new goals:
- Work with Randolph/ Brookfield?
Discussion: sponsor/ hold a presentation on pollinators. Linda will look through her notes from a presentation she attended previously. Sandy wondered about the “bee folks” in
Brookfield; he will look into his contacts. Linda will look into Brian Lowe from Randolph, who works with birds (banding kestrels, etc.).
- The bird count was also mentioned as omething we could participate in (winter bird count/ spring bird count).
- Everyone will report back at the May meeting and we will plan a presentation on pollinators going forward.
- Work on Thayer Brook: deferred to summer due to COVID-19 restrictions on gathering/ social distancing. We will discuss the situation at the next meeting, when perhaps some restrictions will have been lifted or modified.
- The meeting ended at 7:50 p.m.
- Next meeting (27 May, 7 p.m.) will be via Zoom. Joan will host. An invitation will be emailed; to participate, members should click on the link provided in the body of the email. Make sure to test your device’s audio and video (camera).
Minutes respectfully submitted by Gina Logan