Braintree Conservation Commission meeting of 26 May 2021
Attending: Paul Shriver, Linda Morse, Gina Logan, Sanders Stephens, Joan Richmond-Hall
Minutes of the April meeting were approved unanimously.
EAB public outreach and education:
- Paul and Sandy affixed EAB awareness posters from UVM extension to ash trees in Braintree. Gina wrote a short article for the Herald and the CC hosted an opportunity for the public to ask EAB questions at the Town Offices.
Invasives work day planned at the Riford Brook site for 9 – 11 am on Wed June 9th.
- We’ll be pulling chervil and Japanese knowtweed.
- We discussed the possibility of creating a Braintree Town Forest from acreage at the top of the Northfield Mtns in northwestern Braintree.
- We’ll invite Zac Freeman to our next meeting to discuss his organization’s interest and thoughts.
- Invite Jens Hilke and county forester to discuss potential CC activities including those regarding potential town forest.
Next meeting: 7 pm on 23 June by Zoom ID 486 481 0868
/s/ Joan Richmond-Hall