Braintree Selectboard Meeting
July 20, 2021 at 6:00 pm
“In accordance with the recent cancellation of the State of Emergency Order by Governor Scott the meeting was held both in-person and via conference call to follow Vermont’s open meeting law. The meeting can be accessed at the scheduled time by calling 802-210-4472.”
Present at the Town Office:
Megan O’Toole, Selectboard Chairperson Daniel Burson, Selectboard Vice Chairperson Keegan Haupt, Selectboard Member Charlie McMeekin, Selectboard Member Loren Bent, Selectboard Member Jessica Brassard, Town Clerk/Treasurer Dylan Pratt, Road Foreman
Ms. O’Toole called the meeting to order at 6:00pm. A roll call was done to confirm what members and citizens were in attendance via teleconferencing.
The Board reviewed the agenda with Ms. O’Toole adding under Highway Report the review of Excavator Rentals.
On motion of Mr. Haupt, seconded by Mr. Bent, the Board unanimously approved the minutes from the Regular Selectboard Meeting on July 6, 2021.
Citizen’s comments are limited to 3 minutes per person with a 15-minute maximum –
- Highway Report – The Selectboard reviewed the submitted Highway Report. A brief discussion ensued regarding the best process to fill in a gap on the first bridge on Lemery Road. The Thayer Brook Road Guardrail hole discussion begun at the July 6, 2021 meeting resumed with Mr. Pratt stating that a decision had been made on the best procedure to complete the work.
Excavator Bids – The Selectboard reviewed the four bids received from Anderson Equipment, Milton Cat, Nortrax and Pete’s Equipment.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Haupt, the Board unanimously voted to go with the bid from Milton Cat for $5,700 a month with $300 each way for trucking and if they are not available at the time needed to go with Pete’s Equipment bid of $5,820 a month with $130 per hour trucking.
- Covid 19 Update – No real updates to discuss.
- Financials and approval of Tax Rate – Ms. Brassard explained the increase in the tax rate and the financial reports from Mascoma Savings Bank and Sullivan, Powers & Co.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. McMeekin, the Board unanimously voted to approve the Residential Tax Rate at $2.4591 and the Non-Residential Tax Rate at $2.4904.
- Review of Personnel Policy – Ms. O’Toole stated that the Personnel Policy has not been updated since 2014 and does include information that the Selectboard Members should have knowledge of in dealing with employees.
- ARPA Funding Public Meeting Planning – A decision to hold a presentation during the September 7, 2021 Selectboard Meeting.
Executive Session to discuss personnel matters pursuant to 1 V.S.A. Section 313 (2)(3.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Burson, the Board unanimously voted to enter an Executive Session at 6:32 P.M. for a discussion of personnel matters pursuant to 1 V.S.A. Section 313 (a)(3).
At 6:56 p.m. the board came out of the Executive Session.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Burson, the Board unanimously voted to terminate the appointment of Tree Warden effective after final receipt of pay for work done to date.
Payment orders – There were no Payment Orders.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Bent, the Board unanimously adjourned the meeting at 6:57 p.m.
Janice R. Russell