Regular Meeting Minutes – Unapproved
February 18, 2020 at 6:00 pm
Megan O’Toole, Chair Jessie Brassard, Town Clerk
Daniel Burson, Selectboard Member Jeff Masterson, Highway Foreman
Charlie McMeekin, Selectboard Member Janice Russell, Admin. Assistant
Loren Bent, Selectboard Member
Keegan Haupt, Selectboard Member
Ms. O’Toole called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
The Board reviewed the agenda with no comments or admissions.
On motion made by Mr. Haupt, seconded by Mr. McMeeken, the Board unanimously approved the minutes of February 4, 2020 (Ms. O’Toole, Mr. Burson, Mr. McMeekin, Mr. Bent and Mr. Haupt approved the motion).
Citizen’s comments – There were no Citizen’s Comments.
Highway Report stated that equipment/vehicle maintenance is ongoing and that all equipment is operable at this time. The Road Crew needs training refresher courses in MSHA, Flagger’s Course and CPR/AED. Mr. Burson will contact the White River Valley Ambulance to get further information on the CPR/AED training.
A neighboring town which previously requested to borrow a truck from the Town of Braintree withdrew their request as a truck was no longer needed by said town.
There is an ongoing issue of vehicles parking on Riford Brook Road, or within the town right-of-way, near the RASTA trail. Mr. Masterson is working with Zac Freeman of RASTA to put up new signage.
- Budgeting – It was brought to Ms. Brassard’s attention that the town clerk salary is not adding into the budget total in the town report. Options were discussed and an amendment will need to be made at town meeting. No other corrections have been brought to Ms. Brassard’s attention.
- Health Advocate Services Through Hickok & Boardman HR Intelligence – Ms. Russell, explained that effective February 29, 2020 the Vermont League of Cities and Towns (VLCT) will no longer be doing offering Health Advocate Services. Beginning March 1, 2020 Health Advocate Services can be purchased through VLCT’s broker partner Hickok & Boardman HR Intelligence.
- Three River Ottauquechee Regional Commission (TROC) – FY’22 Transportation Capital Projects Prioritization List – A discussion followed the Selectboard Members and Mr. Masterson reviewing of the TROC’s FY’22 Prioritization List. Masterson has recently, upon request from the VTrans and TROC, supplied the status and condition of The Town of Braintree Roads, Culverts and Bridges. The Selectboard have no comments to present to TROC on the project list.
- March 3rd Selectboard Meeting Conflict With School Board and Election Voting –
After a brief discussion and On Motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Bent, the Board unanimously approved moving the Selectboard Meeting to Wednesday, March 4th at 6pm at the Town Office.
Ms. Brassard reminded the Selectboard Members that she needs to have people count votes and two volunteers to take the School Board Votes to the Town of Randolph for the OSSD vote counting.
- Putney Press Discount Sale of Vermont ACT 250 Handbook & 2019 Vermont
Government Directory. There was no interest by the Selectboard to purchase either book.
- VLCT Cybersecurity and Emerging Technology Committee – After a brief description and discussion pertaining to the duties of this committee there were no volunteers from the Selectboard Members to participate on the committee.
- Bid Process For New Truck – The Selectboard Members, Ms. Brassard and Mr. Masterson deliberated the benefits of having sealed bids versus open bids. The Town is not constricted by any statutes on the bid process for a new truck but we are by Town policy guidelines; which at this time do not specifically require sealed bids. If the funds are allocated at Town Meeting through the passing of Article #6 of the Town Warning – Purchase of a New Dump Truck, then Mr. Masterson will work directly with dealers and deliver bids to the board. Burson volunteered to assist Mr. Masterson in the process. Once the dealers have returned their bids, then the Selectboard will review the bids.
Payment orders – On Motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Bent, the payment orders were unanimously approved.
Adjournment – On Motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Bent, the Board unanimously adjourned the meeting at 6:39 p.m.
Janice R. Russell, Administrative Assistant