Braintree Planning Commission Agenda for 12 March 2020
Approval of minutes
information from TRORC;
and latest draft work on revised town plan.
Braintree Planning Commission meeting of 13 Feb 2020
Attending: Jenn Phipps, Paul Kendall, Jackson Evans, Joan Richmond-Hall
Convened at 7:10 pm
We reviewed the goals of the Town Plan in light of our simplification of the draft plan.
Fill holes; and
Write for simple clarity.
Questions for TRORC:
Are water resources a required element. Does drinking water have to be included?
Do we have to have a mineral resources section? And can we just say gravel rather than
Is ‘Use good planning practices within designated Flood Hazard Areas and Fluvial Erosion
Hazard Areas’ a required boilerplate goal for all plans?
Snowsville now a Hamlet. We’d still like to seek Village Center status. Should that goal
go in the plan’s village or hamlet section?
What are the likely planning implications for Braintree and other TRORC towns if H.926
(changes to Act 250) passes?
Paul will work on drafting sections of the plan.
Adjourned at 8:40 pm
Next meeting: Thursday 12 March at 7 pm
/s/ Joan Richmond-Hall
Braintree Planning Commission Agenda for 16 April 2020
Approval of minutes for February and March meetings.
April’s meeting will focus on policies and actions for the revised Town Plan.
- Paul will pull together earlier policies and actions, organize them and weed out repetition.
- Joan will send around TRORC’s last replies about required elements.
- Malcom will draft areas of concern to him, particularly water.
- Jackson will consider childcare and housing sites.
- Jen will focus on housing.
Regular Meeting Agenda
Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at 6:00 pm
- Call to order
- Review of agenda
- Approve minutes of March 4, 2020
- Citizen’s comments limited to 3 minutes per person with a 15 minute maximum
- Highway Report
- Old business
- Hiring of a Zoning Administrator
- New business
- Adam Lang – Lost Nation ATV Club Ordinance Review
- GMP’s Request for Climate Plan Input
- Purchase New Mower
- Payment orders