Braintree PC meeting of 11 June 2020
Attending: Paul Kendall, Malcom Fitzpatrick, Jackson Evans, Joan Richmond-Hall
Convened at 7:06 pm
Discussed the implementation matrix in chapter 5.
- Regarding increasing setbacks from streams Macolm argues for keeping the 50-foot minimum and then asking for site plan review by the DRB if the building is within that distance. A set of criteria would have to be developed. One way of look at that is a variance or waiver.
- Use language that suggest that the UB revise it to increase flood resilience.
- Malcolm suggests that we encourage the development of construction of community solar.
- Malcolm suggests that new development be reviewed to minimize runoff.
- Joan will email Jeff about the use of small retention ponds in road ditching. Is this allowed by state road standards and their grants program.
- Comments on the implementation matrix
- Discussion of what audiences we’d like to have review and comment on the plan or specific parts of it. Partial list here:
- Selectboard and Braintree town officials
- Bob Moyer
- Neighboring PCs
- Joshua Jerome in Randolph
- RASTA and similar organizations
- Housing guy….
- Josh Hannaford, VT HCD
- Nate Cleveland, VT ACCD
All: Please consider priority level and timeline for the SB items in Chapter 5.
Malcolm: review of water related chapters
Joan: fact and statistic checking
- Get a copy of the Chapter 5 implementation matrix to the SB prior to our next meeting to get their reactions to their responsibilities.
Adjourned at 7:59 pm
Next meeting: 7 pm on 9 July 2020 by phone at, 802-210-4472
[23 July if Joan needs more time; Joan to notify group by 25 June if this rollback is needed.]
/s/ Joan Richmond-Hall