Braintree Cemetery Commission – April 19, 2017
Approved Minutes of Meeting
Attendees: Jason Kuhn, Kris Haupt, Ed Smith, Linda Morse
Jason Kuhn called the meeting to order at 7:04pm
- Minutes of November 5, 2016 meeting – a motion to approve the minutes was approved.
- Elections for officers for 2017: Jason Kuhn was elected as chair; Linda Morse was elected as secretary
- Assignments for each of the Braintree cemeteries were as follows:
- Kris – Mountain View, Brown
- Ed – Ford, Lower Branch, Connecticut Corners
- Jason – East Braintree, Spears, Mann
- Linda – Braintree Hill
- ? – Thayer Brook
- Mowing contract review – $1,100 was added to the 2018 budget to cover the added cost to the mowing contractor for worker compensation. There was some discussion that this seemed too high.
- Adoption of Cemetery Commission Budget for 2018 – Motion was made by Ed and seconded by Jason to approve the total annual 2018 budget, including the added $1,100 for a total of $9,860. This includes the mowing and the spring cleanup. The motion was approved.
- Other Business:
- Stone repair – Linda noted that there are two stones broken in the Braintree Hill Cemetery. The action is to contact Green Mountain Memorials to arrange for repair.
- Mowing on north and south side of the Mountain View Cemetery – Kris is recommending that if the Town is renting a roadside mower that it be used to mow the North and South sides of Mountain View. Estimated time is about 4-5 hours.
- Mowing by contractor in the cemeteries this year will start on May 9, 10, and 11, prior to Mothers’ Day, May 12. Jason will call the mowing contractor.
- Citizens comments – none
- It was moved and approved that the meeting adjourn at 7:35pm.
Submitted by Linda Morse, Secretary, Braintree Cemetery Commission
Next Meeting is May 3, 2017 at 7pm at the Braintree Town Clerk’s Office