Braintree Cemetery Commission – November 4, 2015
Minutes of Meeting (unapproved)
Attendees: Kris Haupt, Ed Smith, Jason Kuhn, Linda Morse; Absent: Keegan Haupt
Kris Haupt called the meeting to order at 7:05pm
- Minutes for June 1 meeting – Motion to approve by Ed Smith, seconded by Jason Kuhn. Approved
- Citizens Comments – none
- Old Business -Work on the removal of Ash tree at the Braintree Hill Cemetery by Bruce Cameron has been completed; the repair of the headstone broken during the removal also has been done. The bill of $2,000 for the work has been submitted to the Town. This is the amount estimated by the contractor. Kris has authorized the Town to pay the bill as submitted. Linda to check with Town to confirm bill has been received and paid.
- Stone repairs by Dale Barnard are proceeding. A bill for $3,000 has been submitted by Green Mountain Memorials for completion of repairs at the Lower Branch Cemetery – first of three phases of work. Two more phases of work are still to be completed.
- Commission budget for next year – Kris submitted a budget to the Selectboard for a total of $12,000. Also the Commission has $7,000 in a CD as a contingency for work not covered by the annual budget.
- Questions raised included: 1) When cemetery stones are damaged, who pays for the repair? The Town? Or the person who owns the lot? 2) Who paid for the removal of the large maples removed adjacent to the road along the west side of the Braintree Hill Cemetery?
- It was moved and approved that the meeting adjourn at 7:25pm.
Submitted by Linda Morse, Secretary, Braintree Cemetery Commission
Next Meeting is Dec. 2, 7pm at the Town Clerk’s Office