Braintree Cemetery Commission – Minutes of Meeting (unapproved)
October 7, 2015
Attendees: Kris Haupt, Ed Smith, Jason Kuhn, Linda Morse; Absent: Keegan Haupt
Kris Haupt called the meeting to order at 7:05pm
- Minutes for June 1 meeting – Motion to approve by Ed Smith, seconded by Jason Kuhn. Approved
- Citizens Comments – none
- Old Business -Most of the work has been completed on Ash tree removal at the Braintree Hill Cemetery by Bruce Cameron. One adjacent headstone was broken and Bruce has agreed to repair the stone. ACTION: Linda to call Holly on the bill and see that it is processed. The amount authorized was $2,000.
- Report on Insurance Coverage – Linda read an email from Vicky Abare to Holly Jarvis with a legal opinion on liability coverage for the Cemetery Commission members in the course of doing work as required by Commission duties. The attorney’s opinion, in summary, is that, because the commissioners are elected they would not be covered for workers compensation unless they were paid employees. However, the Town would be covered for liability if the Cemetery Commissioners do work in the line with their duties.
- Stone repairs by Dale Barnard. Lower Branch Cemetery work is in progress.
- Commission budget for next year – Commission will begin identifying costs for mowing and stone repair, as well as sources of funds for next year’s Town budget.
- Maintenance activities – East Braintree Cemetery has been mowed and the flags removed. In general flags are removed after Veterans Day in November.
- It was moved and approved that the meeting adjourn at 7:30pm.
Submitted by Linda Morse, Secretary, Braintree Cemetery Commission
Next Meeting is Nov. 4, 7pm at the Town Clerk’s Office