Braintree Cemetery Commission – October 5, 2016
DRAFT Minutes of Meeting (unapproved)
Attendees: Ed Smith, Kris Haupt, Linda Morse, Jason Kuhn, Keegan Haupt
Jason Kuhn called the meeting to order at 7:02pm
- Minutes of the September meeting. It was moved and seconded that the minutes be approved. By vote of those present the minutes were approved.
- Citizens Comments – none
- Old business:
- Keegan Haupt officially resigned from the Cemetery Commission.
- On the search for a new Cemetery Commission member. Two possible candidates were asked to join the Commission and both declined. A motion was made and approved to defer the search for a new member until the 2017 Town meeting.
- New Business:
- Lower Branch Cemetery – Ed noted damage to headstones from the lawnmower.
- East Braintree Cemetery – the fence needs repair. It was agreed that that will be done in Spring 2017.
- Jason talked to Norman Illsley about the disposal of sumac, either burning or disposing of it over the bank. Norm agreed that disposing of sumac over the fence is OK
- Jason signed three invoices for work completed. The cost for four replacement corner posts has gone up from $150 to $185. Jason will check with Green Valley Monuments on the increased price.
- Flag removal from the cemeteries will occur after Veterans Day (Nov. 11).
- Fall Cleanup to be done by Jason Handiworks. For the Spring first mowing there will be a separate billing. Jason will check on whether the cost will be the same. Linda will check on whether a new contract is needed, as well as the length of the contract. It will be put on the agenda for the next meeting in November. Kris will call Jason Handiworks.
- Ed moved the meeting be adjourned; Kris seconded the motion. The meeting was adjourned at 7:25pm.
Submitted by Linda Morse, Secretary, Braintree Cemetery Commission
Next Meeting is November 3, 2016 at 7pm at the Braintree Town Clerk’s Office. (Note: this will be the last meeting for the season until spring of 2017.)