SPECIAL LISTERS MEETING
Monday May 08, 2017 at 7:00pm
Braintree Town Office
- Meeting was called to order at 7:03pm. In attendance were Jackson Evans, Heather Fernandes and Derek O’Toole.
- The bids were opened and each was read aloud. Bids were received from Steven Twombly, Real Estate Appraiser and Analyst of Roxbury, Vermont and from the Vermont Appraisal Company of Plainfield, Vermont.
- Steven Twombly’s bid was in the amount of $80,520 ($111.37 per parcel for 723 parcels).
- Vermont Appraisal Company’s bid was in the amount of $84.50 per parcel for “710 or more parcels”. (This excludes the tax exempt parcels.) At this rate, their total bid would come out to $59,995.
- After evaluating each bid with a careful comparison of cost, what was being proposed and how the costs and duties of the reappraisal were to be broken out between the appraisers and the listers, it was voted unanimously to select Vermont Appraisal Company as the winning bidder.
- Having no further business to conduct, a motion to adjourn was made by Heather Fernandes, seconded by Derek O’Toole and voted on in the affirmative.
- Meeting adjourned at 7:45pm.
Jackson Evans, Lister chair