Braintree Selectboard Meeting
April 2, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.
Megan O’Toole, Selectboard Chair Thomas Cooch, Conservation Commission
Mr. Burson, Selectboard Member Aaron LaRocque, LaRocque Road
Mr. McMeekin, Selectboard Member Paul Kendall, LaRocque Road
Mr. Bent, Selectboard Member Kristin Haupt, Citizen
Stuart Kinney, Citizen
Kolbey Haupt, Hilltop Construction
Holly Jarvis, Admin. Assistant
Jeff Masterson, Road Commissioner
Ms. O’Toole called the meeting to order at 6 pm.
The Board reviewed the agenda; no changes were made.
- On motion of Mr. McMeekin, seconded by Mr. Bent, the Board unanimously approved the minutes of March 19, 2019.
- Kinney thanked the Selectboard, and especially Ms. O’Toole, for their efforts with the fire service bill.
- Tim Caulfield attended the meeting for the following items:
- On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Burson, the Board unanimously approved the Memorandum of Understanding between Randolph and Braintree to share backup sites for Emergency Operation Centers.
- On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Burson, the Board unanimously approved the Local Emergency Management Plan (LEMP) Update.
- Conservation Commission Semi-annual report: they have produced another newsletter, and collaborated with Randolph to sponsor a deer yard management workshop. They have another event at the end of the month. They are also organizing a work party to remove poison parsnip along Route 12. The water quality flyer was The Commission Members were willing to help with the flyer. The Selectboard will discuss this more. The Commission is willing to make recommendations as to knot weed spraying, but feels they need to work with Jerold Kinney early this summer to do so.
- The Board reviewed the Highway report.
- Signage/restrictions for LaRocque Rd: Mr. Masterson had recommended two signs at the bottom of the road: “No Outlet”, “No unauthorized winter access between Nov. 15th– May 15th “. On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Burson, the Board voted unanimously to disallow skiing/snowboarding on LaRocque Road, and only allow vehicles of the property owners and their guests between Nov. 15th– May 15th. RASTA/NEFF Trail users are to park at the designated parking area and stay on the trails.
- Idling of equipment and trucks: Tabled until next meeting.
- Update on fire service proposal: The Randolph Selectboard will be reviewing Braintree’s proposal at their next meeting (Thursday, April 11 at 5:30 pm).
- Bid opening
- The Board opened the bids for the design and building of Tannenberg bridge. They are as follows:
- Hebert Excavation Corporation: $209,760
- A. Bean Associates: $259,000
- Hilltop Construction LLC: $170,000
- Hook Construction: $240,000
Mr. Burson will prepare an analysis of the bids and they will be reviewed more completely at the next meeting.
- Braintree Paving Projects – no bids; will be re-bid.
- Thresher Road Paving Project – no bids; will be re-bid.
- The Board reviewed and signed the Annual Financial Plan for VTrans.
- There will be a site visit and hearing on May 7th regarding Tannenburg Road. The hearing notice has been sent.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Burson, the Board unanimously approved the payment orders.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Burson, the Board adjourned the meeting at 6:53pm.