Braintree Selectboard Meeting
August 6, 2019
Megan O’Toole, Selectboard Chair Paul Kendall, regarding ECFiber
Keegan Haupt, Selectboard Member Jackson Evans, ECFiber
Charles McMeekin, Selectboard Member David Dube, Resident
Loren Bent, Selectboard Member Kolby Haupt, Re: Tannenburg Bridge
Daniel Burson, Selectboard Member Steve Wolf, from Contech Engineered Solutions
Janice Thresher, Resident
Jeff Masterson, Road Commissioner
Ms. O’Toole called the meeting to order.
Review of agenda: agreement regarding the subdivision can be removed.
On motion of Mr. Haupt, seconded by Mr. McMeekin, the Board unanimously approved the minutes of July 16, 2019.
- Ms. Thresher mentioned that there is only one “no atv sign” on Woodchuck Hollow Road. It seems there should be one from both directions on Woodchuck Hollow Road.
- Jackson Evans’ semi-annual report as the ECFiber Representative. Progress of building out the town continues. Tree cutting on Riford Brook Road is finished. Mr. Evans believes it is the last section which needs hanging. They have started connecting people on routes that are lit up. The origination is moving into a phase where they are now managing an existing fairly large network.
- Kolbey Haupt, of Hilltop Construction, and Steve Wolf from Contech Engineered Solutions talked with the Board about the Tannenburg bridge project. The new proposal is a multi-plate structure, versus a wood planked bridge. Hilltop Construction will not be able to do the project for the originally proposed $170,000 but could do it for $190,000 which is still less than all the other bids. The plan and the timing was discussed. On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. McMeekin, the Board approved changing the contract amount to $190,000, and the contract term to end Oct. 31, 2019 (Mr. Keegan Haupt abstained from the vote, the other four board members voted in favor).
- The sand for this coming year has been put up. Another 2,000 yards of sand is being stored at the pit this winter for next year. That will be the last material coming out of that pit. It will now be closed.
- Mr. Masterson is looking into a site which could provide the remainder of the sand for one year. It will create a floodplain along a brook. ANR is in favor of the project.
- Three FEMA mitigation projects were briefly explained.
- The Board discussed a contract with Orange County Sheriff’s Department. They talked about what questions they want answered.
- The Board reviewed the status of the sale of tractor and truck.
- New business
- The Board reviewed a newer draft of a Dog Ordinance. The dog bite that occurred at Abel Mountain Campground was discussed. The property owner also owed the dog, so the town’s dog ordinance does not have jurisdiction. The new draft will be on the next meeting.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Haupt, the Board unanimously adjourned the meeting around 7:30 pm.