December 17, 2019 at 6:00 pm
Daniel Burson, Acting Chair Jessie Brassard, Treasurer
Charlie McMeekin, Selectboard Member Jeff Masterson, Road Commissioner
Loren Bent, Selectboard Member Holly Jarvis, Admin. Assistant
Keegan Haupt, Selectboard Member
Mr. Burson called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm.
The Board reviewed the agenda, adding a discussion about hiring Compucount to do payroll.
On motion of Mr. McMeekin, seconded by Mr. Bent, the Board unanimously approved the minutes of December 3, 2019 (Mr. Burson, Mr. McMeekin, and Mr. Bent approved the motion).
Citizen’s comments – none.
- Jeff Masterson for the Highway Report – nothing to report. The Highway Department has been working with the winter weather.
- Budgeting – still in progress.
- VLCT Cannabis Resolution Relating to S.54 –tabled.
- On motion of Mr. Haupt, seconded by Mr. McMeekin, the Board unanimously approved signing the Working Communities Challenge resolution.
- The first draft of Town Meeting Warning was reviewed.
- The Board discussed contracting with Compucount for payroll with Ms. Brassard. January first would be a good time to start, as it is the beginning of the payroll year and the new Admin. Assistant will be able to learn the new process, and not the old one. It will not change that position’s time requirements substantially, but will be a lot easier for the Treasurer. It will cost about $65 a payroll. They are waiving the set up fee. On motion of Mr. McMeekin, seconded by Mr. Burson, the Board voted to hire Compucount for a calendar year (McMeekin, Mr. Burson, Mr. Haupt, voted in favor of the motion. Bent voted against the motion.)
On motion of Mr. Burson, seconded by Mr. Haupt, the Board unanimously approved the payment orders.
On motion of Mr. Burson, seconded by Mr. Haupt, the Board voted unanimously to go into Executive Session for personnel matters under 1 V.S.A. § 313(a)(1)(B).
On motion of Mr. McMeekin, seconded by Mr. Haupt, unanimously approved hiring Janice Russell as the Admin. Assistant.
On motion of Mr. Burson, seconded by McMeekin, the Board unanimously adjourned the meeting at 7:30 pm.