Braintree Selectboard Meeting
Jan. 2, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.
Richard Bowen, Selectboard Member Jessie Brassard, Treasurer
Megan O’Toole, Selectboard Chair Tim Caulfield, Emergency Manager
Keegan Haupt, Selectboard Member Holly Jarvis, Admin. Assistant
Loren Bent, Selectboard Member
Ms. O’Toole called the meeting to order at 6:00pm.
The Board reviewed the agenda.
On motion of Mr. Haupt, seconded by Mr. Bowen, the Board unanimously approved the minutes of December 18, 2018.
Citizen’s comments – none.
- Mr. Caulfield explained that the Local Hazard Mitigation Plan needs to be updated this year. The Town has been awarded a grant to do the rewrite. The Town’s share of the costs is expected to be between $2,200-2,300. It is not budgeted but needs to be done this fiscal year. Mr. Caulfield explained that Two Rivers Ottauquechee Regional Commission (TRORC) has provided a proposal for the work. He asked that the project be sole sourced to TRORC because of their extensive knowledge, and experience writing these plans. On motion of Mr. Bowen, seconded by Ms. O’Toole, the Board unanimously approved sole sourcing the writing of the Local Hazard Mitigation Plan to TRORC.
- Mr. Caulfield provided a summary of the number of fire calls this past year.
- Mr. Caulfield also asked the Board’s opinion regarding when the Emergency Operation Centers should be opened during an emergency and feedback on the general philosophy for approaches to Emergency Management in Braintree. Mr. Caulfield and the Board discussed it. The Board asked that the emergency committee discuss it more and determine what they think is the best approach.
- Mr. Caulfield provided an update regarding the testing he has done with the phone system problems. He will talk to Key Communications about fixing the echo now that the problem is better understood.
- There was no new information about the Town Office projects.
- The Board reviewed the draft budget. The money to resurface gravel roads was discussed. It will be moved to the capital plan from the previously planned transfer to the gravel pit reserve fund.
- Ms. O’Toole reported that she has asked Randolph to discuss Jackson Road with Braintree before making a decision about reclassifying it. They have a hearing Thursday, January 3rd. She plans to attend.
- The Board reviewed the draft warning for Town Meeting.
On motion of Mr. Bowen, seconded by Mr. Haupt, the Board unanimously approved the payment orders.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Bowen, the Board unanimously adjourned the meeting at 7:22pm.