Regular Meeting Minutes
January 21, 2020 at 6:00 pm
Megan O’Toole, Chair Jessie Brassard, Treasurer
Daniel Burson, Selectboard Member Joan Richmond-Hall, Chair Planning Comm.
Charlie McMeekin, Selectboard Member Jeff Masterson-Road Foreman
Loren Bent, Selectboard Member Janice Russell, Admin. Assistant
Keegan Haupt, Selectboard Member
Ms. O’Toole called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
The Board reviewed the agenda, adding guest, Representative Peter Reed.
On motion made by Mr. Haupt, seconded by Mr. McMeekin, the Board unanimously approved the minutes of January 7, 2020.
Representative Peter Reed introduced himself. Mr. Reed talked about the committees he is on or involved with and the best ways to contact him. He was invited to Town Meeting by the board and we hope to see him there.
Citizen’s comments – There were no Citizen’s Comments.
Jeff Masterson, Road Foreman had provided the Selectboard with a highway report that said they have been busy plowing, sanding and doing vehicle maintenance. Mr. Haupt and Mr. Masterson discussed road conditions.
- Old business
- Budgeting-Ms. Brassard informed the board that the budget they had should be good to go. The Capital Budget was updated based on the new information that was given regarding the town garage. Burson asked if the time was now to start discussing a fund to be started to replace the garage, etc. After some discussion it was decided that the subject would be brought up at town meeting. Mr. McMeekin had a question regarding the sheriff’s department and if that amount was included in the current budget. It is not in the current budget but if it passes at town meeting the budget numbers would be amended at that time. Mr. Masterson also added that speed limit signs would be going up this summer.
Joan Richmond-Hall arrived to give the Semi-Annual Planning Commission Report. The PC has been doing an overhaul of the town plan. They have been trying to simplify and make things more straightforward, while weeding out the redundancy. They are looking at a new structure and how that affects zoning. The changes will help in new zoning regulations.
Ms. Richmond-Hall also discussed her findings on the new zoning administrator search. Most towns in the area are happy with what they currently have and have no desire to have a co-zoning administrator. Ms. Richmond-Hall will be talking again with Two Rivers Ottauquechee Regional Commission on some new ideas and has a call into a couple other towns. A discussion was had between Mr. Bent and Ms. Brassard and they will pursue another possible option.
- Old Business-Cont. –
- Final Draft of Town Meeting Warning – On Motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Burson, the Town Meeting Warning was unanimously approved.
- VLCT Cannabis Resolution Relating to S.54 was tabled until further information could be gathered.
- New business
- VLCT Employment Resource and Benefits Trust, Inc. (VERB) Annual Meeting, April 30, 2020 and Board of Directors Nominations was discussed.
- Payment orders – On Motion of Mr. Bent, seconded by Mr. Burson, the payment orders were unanimously approved.
- Adjournment – On Motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Burson, the Board unanimously adjourned the meeting at 7:01 p.m.
Jessica Brassard, Town Clerk