Braintree Selectboard Meeting
July 2, 2019
Megan O’Toole, Selectboard Chair Jody Benoir – Re: Sault Road
Charlie McMeekin, Selectboard Member Holly Benoir – Re. Sault Road
Loren Bent, Selectboard Member Bill Bohayak, Orange County Sheriff
Daniel Burson, Selectboard Member Richard Arms, ATV club
Keegan Haupt, Selectboard Member Tessa Partlow, ATV club
Jacob Partlow, ATV club
Jeff Masterson, Road Commissioner Chris Blanchard, ATV club
Holly Jarvis, Admin. Assistant John Rose, ATV club
Julia Haupt, resident Niklaas Sargent, ATV club
Michael Gaidys, resident
Ms. O’Toole called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm.
The Board reviewed the agenda. Mr. Burson added a conversation about flooding mitigation under the highway report.
On motion of Mr. Burson, seconded by Ms. O’Toole, the Board unanimously approved the minutes of June 18, 2019.
- Jody and Holly Benoir, came to ask about building up the class 4 road they live on. They are asking permission to do so under the Class 4 Roads and Trail Policy item 3.a.d. The Board asked Mr. Masterson to work out the details with them. It will be on the next agenda for Selectboard review.
- A number of Lost Nation ATV Club members attended the meeting. The ATV ordinance was discussed, and will be on the next agenda.
- The Orange County Sheriff, Bill Bohnyah, attended the meeting to discuss a possible contract with Braintree. The Orange County Sheriff’s Department can be quite flexible regarding a contract. It can be mainly patrol based, or complaint driven. Sheriff Bohnyak will provide the Selectboard with a copy of a contract to review at their next meeting.
- Highway report: flood work was discussed, part of which was regarding mitigation of future flooding. A number of grant projects were talked about briefly. Spraying of knotweed was also briefly talked about.
- New Road and Bridge Standards were reviewed. They will be on the next agenda.
- The Tannenburg bridge contract was briefly discussed. It will be on the next agenda.
- Mr. Bent will talk to his contact at auction international more about selling the tractor and truck. They will want to meet someone at the garage to look at the equipment. Mr. Burson will meet them.
- On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. McMeekin, the Board unanimously approved the written “allowance” for the designation of Pent Road, designating Morse Road (TH-41) as a pent road. It was read, signed, and will be recorded in the Town Record Books.
On motion of Mr. Bent, seconded by Mr. McMeekin, the Board unanimously approved the payment orders.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Haupt, the Board unanimously adjourned the meeting at 7:20 pm.