Braintree Selectboard Meeting
November 5, 2019
Megan O’Toole, Selectboard Chair Aaron LaRocque, Lt 10
Daniel Burson, Selectboard Member Bob Moyer, DRB Chair
Charlie McMeekin, Selectboard Member Linda Lubold, WRVA Rep.
Loren Bent, Selectboard Member Holly Jarvis, Admin. Assistant
Keegan Haupt, Selectboard Member Jeff Masterson, Road Commissioner
Ms. O’Toole called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm.
The Board reviewed the agenda. Nothing was changed.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Burson, the Board unanimously approved the minutes of October 22, 2019.
- Mr. LaRocque asked about the signs that the Town was going to put up on LaRocque Road. The status will be looked into and it will be on the next agenda.
- Ms. Lubold provided the semi-annual report. Randolph may potentially still leave the ambulance service.There is no timeline for a decision. White River Valley Ambulance Service (WRVAS) has been increasing transfers as a way to increase revenues. They have been looking at other ways to reduce the per capita rate. It seems likely that the per capita rate for FY21 will be lower.
- Mr. Moyer provided the Development Review Board’s (DRB) semi-annual report. A couple of interesting DRB hearings have occurred. Which have caused the DRB to provide some feedback to the Planning Commission (PC) about the bylaws.
- Kolbey Haupt about Tannenburg Bridge- tabled.
- Mr. Masterson provided the Highway Report. The beavers on Riford Brook Road were discussed, as was the turn around on Grantsworth Road, and the Thayer Brook Road culvert header repair project.
Old business- none.
- Tractor sales options- tabled.
- On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Burson, the Board unanimously approved the grant reimbursement request packet for the Grant-in Aid Bent Hill Road.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Bent, the Board unanimously approved the payment orders.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Bent, the Board unanimously approved going into executive session for a legal matters under 1 V.S.A. § 313(a)(1)(F).
On coming out of executive session, Ms. O’Toole made the motion, and Mr. Burson seconded the motion to do nothing, and remain in the negotiation class in the National Prescription Opiate Litigation.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Burson, the Board unanimously adjourned the meeting at 7:00 pm.