Oct 072018
 

Approved Minutes

Braintree Selectboard Meeting

Oct. 2, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.

 

Present:

Richard Bowen, Selectboard Member                                                  Linda Lubold, WRVA Rep

Megan O’Toole, Selectboard Chair                                                            Stuart Kinney, Resident

Keegan Haupt, Selectboard Member                      Matt Murawski, Re: Running race in Braintree

Daniel Burson, Selectboard Member            Zac Freeman, Re: B357- Braintree Bluegrass Brunch

Holly Jarvis, Admin. Assistance

Jeff Masterson, Road Commissioner

Jessie Brassard, Town Clerk

 

Ms. O’Toole called the meeting to order at 5:56 pm.

 

The Board reviewed the agenda adding lease land to the agenda under new business.

 

On motion of Mr. Haupt, seconded by Mr. Bowen, the Board unanimously approved the minutes from September 18, 2018.

 

Citizen’s comments

  • Kinney asked why J.L. Smith is doing the work at the old Dustin pit. Mr. Masterson explained that he had his excavator extracting the big trees. The Highway Department will be doing the rest of the work. Mr. Kinney also asked if the sand pile was going to be ready for winter. Mr. Masterson assured everyone that it will be.
  • Freeman and Mr. Murawski talked to the Board about combining a local running race with the Braintree 357. Some details were discussed. The Board agreed to the plan.
  • The winter parking lot for the RASTA trails was briefly talked about.
  • Brassard passed a few citizens comments along that she had heard from resident when they stopped in the office:
  • A person who works for VTrans mentioned the recent work along Braintree Hill Road by Sevigny’s looks really good.
  • Another resident mentioned a few things she would like to see on the website. She agreed to take a closer look at it and jot down her suggestions. Ms. Brassard will pass it along when she gets it.
  • Brassard suggested putting together a pages of positive citizens comments in the Town Report this year and Ms. O’Toole mentioned a training she when to which suggested ways to make a Town Report more interesting to residents. Town Meeting was briefly discussed. A group will be formed of those who are interested in planning both.

 

Reports

  • Lubold provide the semi-annual report for WRVA. Their Director was called up on active military duty, the Interim Director has been with the organization for quite some time, and working well. He is making some positive changes. They are running another EMT class, which is free for anyone is the service area.
  • Masterson provided the Highway Report.

 

Old business

  • Update on Health Order: Mr. Simpson signed for the Health Order on Sept. 24. It is likely he received the same notice by regular mail on Sept. 20th. The inspection of the other apartments is scheduled for Oct. 17th. It was discussed. The Board decided to talk more about it in executive session at the end of the meeting.
  • Winter maintenance policy was reviewed. The Board will review it again at the next meeting.
  • Phone system- Ms. O’Toole was able to talk with Mr. Knapp. The idea of changing the system so that the analog lines are the ones used first, instead of the voice over internet lines, was talked about. The caller ID will show the phone number called out on, not the main number to call, so that could cause confusion. It would cost about $100.00 for the switch over. A few more concerns were discussed. Ms. O’Toole will talk with Mr. Knapp again.
  • Town Office projects:
    • The trim is just about done.
    • Brassard talked with the Board about the piping which needs to be reorganized in the old furnace room and the possibility of changing out the hot water heater.
    • Brassard reported on the status of the paperwork for the heat pumps. On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Burson, the Board approved signing the Corporate Resolution.
    • Haupt recommended sealing the chimney. He noticed that it is growing moss.
  • Hydroseeder – tabled, waiting for information from Mr. Bent.

 

New business

  • O’Toole has reached out to the other Town Officials to start the budget process. She need to hear back from the conservation commission, cemetery commission and highway department.
  • Burson advised that the law recently changed regarding old Town Lease Land. The Town can release all of the lease land in town. The lease land will automatically be released in 2020. Mr. Burson will provide more information to the Board, at the next meeting.
  • On motion of Mr. Bowen, seconded by Mr. Burson, the Board unanimously approved the payment orders.

 

On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Burson, the Board unanimously approved going into executive session under 1 VSA 313 1e.

On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Burson, the Board unanimously approved coming out of executive session. No action taken.

 

On motion of Mr. Bowen, seconded by Mr. Burson, the Board unanimously approved adjourning the meeting at 7:45 PM.

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

Holly Jarvis