Braintree Selectboard Meeting
September 4, 2018
Richard Bowen, Selectboard Member Paul Kendall, Stagecoach
Daniel Burson, Selectboard Member Julia Haupt, Resident
Loren Bent, Selectboard Member Janice Thresher, Resident
Megan O’Toole, Selectboard Chair Jessie Brassard, Town Clerk
Keegan Haupt, Selectboard Member Tim Caulfield, Emergency Manager
Zac Freeman, Re: biking event
Jerold Kinney, Re: road side spraying
Joan Richmond-Hall, Re: road side spraying Holly Jarvis, Admin. Assistant
Ms. O’Toole called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm.
The Board reviewed the agenda, adding a review of a draft emergency health order under new business, and office projects under old business.
On motion of Mr. Bent, seconded by Mr. Bowen, the Board unanimously approve the minutes from August 21, 2018.
- Zac Freeman came to talk with the Board about the Braintree 357 Gravel Enduro. It is currently being planned for Oct. 6th. The starting location is changing this year. The Historical Society approved use of the Braintree Meeting House property. He asked the Board’s permission to host it in Braintree. He plans to have all the parking in the adjoining field and not allow any along the road. The board agreed to the plan.
- Semi-Annual report: Paul Kendall reported that the Stagecoach’s scheduled routes in the Randolph area are increasing ridership. The 89’er south route is being updated. Stagecoach is also working with Sharon Academy to provide some transportation, and they are looking at replacing the bus barn in Bradford area with new one at the park-in ride.
- Highway Report – none.
- Road side spraying & knotweed was discussed to clear up some confusion. It was agreed that the areas Mr. Kinney and Mr. Masterson had agreed on should be sprayed after obtaining permission from the landowners. It was agreed that priority should be given to areas which have sight line issues, guardrail, and have patches of knot weed entirely in the right of way.
- Caulfield provided the Board with a recommended weather radio antenna to attach to the back of the building and discussed the installation plan with them. The Board agreed with his plan.
- Cars parked in road on West Street- a letter will be written to the owners.
- The draft winter maintenance policy will be reviewed again at the next meeting.
- The ticket books will be ordered for the Constable.
- Phone system issues are still being worked on.
- Office project update: were discussed.
- Burson attended a Road Forman meeting a bit ago. At it he learned that the Town should get an easement if a culvert is going to be move causing water to drain from the road in a new location. The Board agreed to keep it in mind.
- The Board will talk about a Hydroseeder again at the next meeting.
- The Board reviewed a letter regarding Lease Land. The attorney requesting the release of the lease land will proved a quit claim deed for the Board to approve.
- Haupt provided the Board information about an Emergency Health Order she plans to issue. The property owner may request a hearing within five days of receiving the Emergency Health Order.
On motion of Mr. Bowen, seconded by Mr. Haupt, the Board unanimously approved the payment orders.
On motion of Mr. Bowen, seconded by Mr. Burson, the Board unanimously approved adjourning the meeting at 7:25 pm.