Braintree Selectboard Meeting
September 4, 2018
Richard Bowen, Selectboard Member Paul Kendall, Stagecoach
Daniel Burson, Selectboard Member Julia Haupt, Resident
Loren Bent, Selectboard Member Janice Thresher, Resident
Megan O’Toole, Selectboard Chair Jessie Brassard, Town Clerk
Keegan Haupt, Selectboard Member Tim Caulfield, Emergency Manager
Zac Freeman, Re: biking event
Jerold Kinney, Re: roadside spraying
Joan Richmond-Hall, Re: roadside spraying Holly Jarvis, Admin. Assistant
Ms. O’Toole called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm.
The Board reviewed the agenda, adding a review of a draft emergency health order under new business, and office projects under old business.
On motion of Mr. Bent, seconded by Mr. Bowen, the Board unanimously approved the minutes from August 21, 2018.
- Zac Freeman came to talk with the Board about the Braintree 357 Gravel Enduro. It is a bike race currently being planned for Oct. 6th. The starting location is changing this year. The Historical Society approved use of the Braintree Meeting House property. He wanted to bring to the Board’s attention that he plans to host the race in Braintree. He plans to have all the parking in the adjoining field and not allow any along the road. The board had no issues or objections to the plan.
- Semi-Annual report: Paul Kendall reported that the Stagecoach’s scheduled routes in the Randolph area are increasing ridership. The 89’er south route is being updated. Stagecoach is also working with Sharon Academy to provide some transportation, and they are looking at replacing the bus barn in Bradford area with a new one at the park and ride.
- Highway Report – none.
- Roadside spraying & knotweed was discussed to clear up some confusion. It was agreed that the areas Mr. Kinney and Mr. Masterson had agreed on should be sprayed after obtaining permission from the landowners. It was agreed that priority should be given to areas which have sight line issues, guardrails, and have patches of knotweed entirely in the right of way. Mr. Kinney has already sprayed some portion of the sites recommended by the Conservation Commission. The board will revisit the long-term spraying plan with the Conservation Commission this winter.
- Mr. Caulfield recommended a weather radio antenna to attach to the back of the building and discussed the installation plan with them. The Board agreed with his plan.
- Cars are still being parked in the road on West Street- a letter will be written to the owners.
- The draft winter maintenance policy will be reviewed again at the next meeting.
- The ticket books will be ordered for the Constable.
- Phone system issues are still being worked on.
- Office projects were discussed.
- Mr. Burson attended a Road Foreman meeting a bit ago. At it he learned that the Town should get an easement if a culvert is going to be moved causing water to drain from the road in a new location. The Board agreed to keep it in mind.
- The Board will talk about a Hydroseeder again at the next meeting.
- The Board reviewed a letter regarding Lease Land. The attorney requesting the release of the lease land will provide a quit claim deed for the Board to approve.
- Ms. Lindsey Haupt provided the Board information about an Emergency Health Order she plans to issue. The property owner may request a hearing within five days of receiving the Emergency Health Order.
On motion of Mr. Bowen, seconded by Mr. Haupt, the Board unanimously approved the payment orders.
On motion of Mr. Bowen, seconded by Mr. Burson, the Board unanimously approved adjourning the meeting at 7:25 pm.