Braintree Selectboard Meeting
September 17, 2019
Loren Bent, Selectboard Member Paul Kendall, Stagecoach Rep.
Keegan Haupt, Selectboard Member Jeff Masterson, Road Commissioner
Daniel Burson, Acting Chair Holly Jarvis, Admin. Assistant
Mr. Burson called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm.
The Board reviewed the agenda adding an executive session for personnel matters. A question about emergency management reimbursements was added to the agenda.
On motion of Mr. Haupt, seconded by Mr. Burson, the Board unanimously approved the minutes of August 20, 2019.
On motion of Mr. Bent, seconded by Mr. Burson, the Board unanimously approved the minutes of September 3, 2019.
Citizen’s comments: none.
- Paul Kendal – Stagecoach Representative’s Semi-Annual report: the status of a number of ongoing projects were briefly mentioned. Things are going well with the Stagecoach.
- Mr. Masterson provided the Highway report. The Highway Department has been working on Bent Hill Road this week. It was confirmed that a lot more speed limit signs will need to be installed before speed enforcement will be effective. Mr. Masterson will be meeting with a number of FEMA representatives on the 18th about a couple of projects.
- The Board again talked about a contract with Orange County Sheriff’s Department. On motion of Mr. Burson, seconded by Mr. Haupt, the Board unanimously agreed to hold off on contracting with the Sheriff’s Department until town meeting. Mr. Masterson will determine how many signs would be needed as a part of budgeting.
- The Dog Ordinance was tabled.
- The Board reviewed the extended warranty options for the Mack. On motion of Mr. Bent, seconded by Mr. Burson, the Board unanimously selected the plans recommended by the salesman (the 84 months/250,000 miles, “Engine Plan 2”, and “Engine after Treatment System” plans for a total of $5,633).
- The Board briefly discussed the tractor auction. Mr. Burson will continue to work on sorting it out.
- Adding employee health insurance coverage for domestic partners was discussed. It was tabled.
- The emergency management team went to a free two day long training. They stayed at the resort the training occurred at and are asking for reimbursement for the costs. There is enough in the training line budget, but the Town has not reimbursed this sort of expense recently (nor had there been a request to reimburse this sort of expense). The Selectboard is being asked if it should be reimbursed.
On motion of Mr. Burson, seconded by Mr. Haupt, the Board unanimously when into executive session for personnel matters under 1 V.S.A. § 313(a)(1)(B). On coming out of executive session no actions were taken.
On motion of Mr. Burson, seconded by Mr. Haupt, the Board unanimously approved the payment orders.
On motion of Mr. Burson, seconded by Mr. Bent, the Board unanimously adjourned the meeting at about 7:00pm.