Braintree Selectboard Meeting
April 6, 2021 at 6:00 pm
“In accordance with the recent amendments to Vermont’s open meeting law, and in light of the ongoing public health crisis, this meeting will be held via conference call. You can access the meeting at the scheduled time by calling 802-210-4472.”
Present via Remote Conference Calling:
Daniel Burson, Selectboard Vice-Chair Keegan Haupt, Selectboard Member Tim Caulfield, Emergency Management Director
Linda Lubold, White River Valley Ambulance Representative
Present at the Town Office:
Megan O’Toole, Selectboard Chairperson Loren Bent, Selectboard Member
Charlie McMeekin, Selectboard Member Janice Russell, Administrative Assistant
Michael Czok, Braintree Citizen
Ms. O’Toole called the meeting to order at 6:01pm. A roll call was done to confirm what members and citizens were in attendance via teleconferencing.
The Board reviewed the agenda with Ms. O’Toole moving the discussion of the Bent Hill Brewery Restaurant License & ACT 250 item to before reports.
On motion of Mr. McMeekin, seconded by Mr. Bent, the Board approved the minutes from the Regular Selectboard Meeting on March 16, 2021 and the Special Selectboard Meeting on March 25, 2021.
Citizen’s comments limited to 3 minutes per person with a 15 minute maximum – No citizen’s comments.
- Highway Report – There was a brief discussion of a possible location on Thresher Road that needs work completed that would fit the requirements for the Class 2 Road Grant. Haupt pointed out the need to fix a portion of the Riford Brook Road Bandrail that is hanging out.
- White River Valley Ambulance Representative – Linda Lubold described the last six months of busy activity at the White River Valley Ambulance. WRVA has received Grants to cover COVID and other needs, received the new ambulance, is using the new billing service and has paid off the building mortgage.
- Treasurer’s Report – The Selectboard reviewed the submitted report and requested clarification, which Ms. Brassard provided, on items from the Highway Budget, the Advertising and Warning Budget and the COVID related expenses and the Grant funds received to cover said expenses.
- RAMAN update from Tim Caulfield – Orange County is the lowest COVID Count per capita in the state and VT is the lowest on the continental U.S. RAMAN is discussing the options of getting out the Reminder To Be Vigilant signs in the three Town area. Governor Scott stated in his press conference that Vermont may be back to normal around the 4th of July and travel ad quarantine requirements have been changed for vaccinated and unvaccinated people.
- Bent Hill Brewery Restaurant License & ACT 250 – Mike Czok presented a brief overview of why the new Restaurant License is required by the State of Vermont and what Bent Hill Brewery is planning for the size of their restaurant, what will be served at the restaurant and what hours the restaurant would be open. Mr. Czok also made it clear that no alcohol but beer would be served at the restaurant.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Haupt, the Board unanimously approved the application of Bent Hill Brewery’s First Class Liquor License.
- New Truck Loan – The $75,000.00 loan is for three years taken out monthly as this is cheaper on interest.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Bent, the Board unanimously approved the Execution of the Mascoma Bank Loan Paperwork for $75,000.00 for the 2021 MACK Truck for the term of three years.
- FY ’22 Draft VTRANS Priority Project Selection List – After reviewing list the Selectboard had no comments on this subject.
- Town of Braintree Energy Progress Report Card from TRORC – The Selectboard discussed the Report Card and decided as a small rural town there are limited options on how to improve energy use.
- 2021 LEMP Renewal – The minor changes to the 2021 LEMP Renewal were the inclusion of the evacuation plan which was approved three months ago and the change from Mr. Caulfield as EMD to Derek O’Toole as Acting EMD.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. McMeekin, the Board unanimously approved the updated 2021 LEMP.
- Delegation of Authority – Derek O-Toole, Acting EMD
On motion of Mr. McMeekin, seconded by Mr. Bent, the Board unanimously approved Delegation of Authority of Acting Emergency Management Director to Derek O’Toole. Ms. O’Toole abstained.
- 2021 Green Up Day Preparation – A discussion ensued on possible people to take up the Green Up Day Coordinator Position and what could be done to mitigate the cost of the dumpsters and recycling of tires.
Payment orders – Ms. O’Toole and Mr. McMeekin reviewed the Payment Orders.
On motion of Mr. Bent, seconded by Ms. O’Toole, the Board unanimously approved the payment orders.
On motion of Mr. Bent, seconded by Ms. O’Toole, the Board unanimously adjourned the meeting at 7:11 p.m.
Janice R. Russell