Braintree Selectboard Meeting
August 3, 2021 at 6:00 pm
“In accordance with the recent cancellation of the State of Emergency Order by Governor Scott the meeting will be held both in-person and via conference call to follow Vermont’s Open Meeting Law. The meeting can be accessed at the scheduled time by calling 802-210-4472.”
Present at the Town Office:
Megan O’Toole, Selectboard Chairperson Loren Bent, Selectboard Member Charlie McMeekin, Selectboard Member Janice Russell, Administrative Assistant Dylan Pratt, Road Foreman Nathan Cleveland, Planning Commission Chairperson
Present via Teleconference Call:
Daniel Burson, Selectboard Vice Chairperson Keegan, Haupt, Selectboard Member
Ms. O’Toole called the meeting to order at 6:01pm. A roll call was done to confirm what members and citizens were in attendance via teleconferencing.
The Board reviewed the agenda with Ms. O’Toole adding Posting of Braintree Agendas under New Business and an Executive Session for a Personnel Matter.
On motion of Mr. Bent, seconded by Mr. McMeekin, the Board unanimously approved the minutes from the Regular Selectboard Meeting on July 20, 2021.
Citizens comments are limited to 3 minutes per person with a 15-minute maximum – No Citizens comments
- Highway Report – Mr. Pratt reported that he will be meeting with TRORC later this week for the Thayer Brook Road bank slide, some culverts and reset the band rail. A brief discussion ensued regarding town roads that need to be graded due to the rain runoff.
- Planning Commission Report – Mr. Cleveland reported that the commission is working closely with Tory Littlefield of TRORC to update the Town Plan. It is a process to make the plan more concise by taking out old data, checking for the updates and incorporating the current and future Land Use Information and for any other needed corrections. A draft should be completed by the end of September to present to the Selectboard.
- Covid 19 Update – Ms. O’Toole recounted Governor Scott’s Press Conference regarding the requirements for school openings in the fall.
- Town Office Lawn Mowing – After a brief discussion the Selectboard decided to contact the mowing contractors used for other town properties for availability and price.
- Posting Meeting Agendas – After a short report by Ms. Russell on the sometimes-inaccessible locations of the current bulletin boards the Selectboard discussed finding more accessible sites. The discussion was tabled until new bulletin board sites can be reviewed.
Executive Session to discuss personnel matters pursuant to 1 V.S.A. Section 313 (a)(3).
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. McMeekin, the Board unanimously voted to enter an Executive Session at 6:36 P.M. for a discussion of personnel matters pursuant to 1 V.S.A. Section 313 (a)(3).
At 6:49 p.m. the board came out of the Executive Session with no action taken at this time.
Payment orders – The Selectboard reviewed the Payment Orders from July 20, 2021 meeting, the Gillespie Pre-Pay payment and the current Payment Orders.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. McMeekin, the Board unanimously approved the payment orders for July 20, 2021.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. Bent, the Board unanimously approved the payment orders.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. McMeekin, the Board unanimously approved the Gillespie Fuel pre-payment check.
On motion of Ms. O’Toole, seconded by Mr. McMeekin, the Board unanimously adjourned the meeting at 6:49 p.m.
Janice R. Russell